Leading SAFe–SAFe Agilist Certification Training (2-Day)
- Lead the application of Lean thinking and Agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context
SAFe is quickly becoming a popular framework to apply Lean, Agile, and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality. Larger organizations use the framework to implement Agile at scale, aligning teams with value streams and establishing a program-level cadence for releases. The Agile Release Train (ART) helps synchronize teams to ensure that the organization is consistently releasing valuable product to market.
This two-day course will prepare leaders to leverage the Scaled Agile Framework in an enterprise Agile transformation. SAFe synchronizes alignment, collaboration, and delivery from Portfolio to Program to Team levels. Participants will develop an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean, Agile, the Agile Release Train (ART), portfolio management, Agile architecture, and scaling Agile processes and practices across the enterprise. Leading SAFe is a prerequisite for SAFe Agilist (SA) Certification.
While no prerequisites are required to attend the class, the Scaled Agilist Certification prerequisites are as follows:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum Process
- Attendance of the 2-day Leading SAFe course
- Pass the SA exam (retakes are $50 and can be taken 90 days or more after the previous exam)
Important information about the Scaled Agilist Certification
The Leading SAFe exam is difficult. It assumes Scrum Experience as a prerequisite and study outside the class to pass the exam. It is a SAFe primer class, but the exam is more exhaustive than the materials covered in the 2 days. Be sure to read the material behind the Big Picture at ScaledAgileFramework.com.
Portfolio management and maximization of value delivery across multiple programs in SAFe is accomplished with leadership tools that align delivery across trains using investment themes and value streams.
Agile delivery in large programs requires a combination of Agile Emergent Architecture and investment in an Architectural Runway.
Leading SAFe organizations requires a shift in mindset from the leadership. We will discuss the mindset shifts we must undertake to move towards organizational agility.