Product Owner Certification (2-Day)
- Articulating clear visions with measurable business objectives—Practice Lean Startup techniques such as the lean canvas
- Describing and prioritizing stakeholders—Practice techniques from agile user-experienced design such as personas, and customer development methods from the Lean Startup
- Expressing requirements as testable outcomes—Practice story writing and acceptance test driven methods to objectively express requirements and focus development efforts on achieving business results
- Prioritizing new product development, maintenance and non-software work—Learn to prioritize by product, customer and market risk, cost of delay and more
- Planning releases and sprints—Practice advanced techniques like story mapping and visual management systems for programs
- Tracking and reporting outcomes—Use quantitative techniques from lean and Lean Startup
Scrum is an agile development method that removes barriers between your customers and the development team. Using the Scrum approach, your organization will more easily meet market and customer needs while attaining its ROI objectives for your project. As a trained Product Owner you will help improve the quality of life and productivity for all members of the business and development team. Implementing Scrum boosts productivity, unleashes creativity, provides “quick wins” for your team, and improves the quality of your software.
This two-day Certified Scrum Product Owner certification course provides the jumping off point for you to take on the hardest role in Scrum, being a Product Owner. Being an effective Product Owner is difficult, but, if executed well, it can be incredibly rewarding as speed to market and value will grow substantially. On completion of the course you are registered as a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) with a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance® (www.scrumalliance.org) where valuable materials and information are available exclusively to CSPOs.
You will learn essential concepts and tools of Scrum, as well as supporting methods like Kanban and Lean Startup techniques. The focus on this course is providing real-world techniques that have been proven effective by product owners in hundreds of actual projects. At the strategic level, you will learn how to articulate a clear vision with measurable business objectives, create forward looking roadmaps, and sequence features to market to maximize ROI within the context of product objectives. At the tactical level, you will learn how to effectively groom the product backlog, plan releases and sprints, work with Scrum teams to realize polished products, and track and report progress.
This course is taught by leading agile practitioners with decades of real-world industry experience at companies ranging from small businesses to the Fortune 100. Exercises, demonstrations, facilitated discussions, case studies, tool and template examples and more are interwoven throughout to illustrate the principles being taught in a comprehensive fashion interactively tailored to the class’s needs, based on real world experience, not ivory-tower theory
Business customers, product managers, and line managers aiming to maximize the benefit that they receive from their agile projects by learning how to better prioritize and interface with agile teams should attend.
Course Completion and Certification
Successful attendees receive Scrum training materials and a 2-year membership in the Scrum Alliance®. In addition, the class is eligible for 16 PDU credits with the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Executing: Creating a Solution
Collaborating with Scrum teams
Sprint planning techniques and tools
Evaluating: Testing and Honing the Solution
Sprint review techniques and tools
Testing techniques and tools
Adapting: Tuning the Process
Retrospective techniques and tools
Bonus: Optional Topics
Agile portfolio and program management
Agile operations and maintenance
Scrum in non-software environments